Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Not Yet

I'm getting there
I can feel it

Being the person who I want to be
reaching my full potential

being self aware

but for now not yet
be patient

I promise I'll get there

a year or two
a decade or maybe soon

but don't give up
cause sometimes, I too
feel surrender

but you, but "us"
makes me want to continue

don't ever let go


be angry
but be forgiving
be irritated
but be permissive
be pissed
but listen
be of good counsel
but be passive
be in control
but know that I too need my space

let me stumble
so that I may stand on my own
let me screw up
so I can fix my mess

let me learn
let me live
let me be

cause when I"m finished with myself
It's you who I'll go home to

cause when I propel my own life
when I am finally who I want to be
I will still love you
like the way I love you right now
or perhaps even more

leaving me now
giving up on us right now

cannot and will not make me get there faster
and if you love me
if you really mean it as you say you do
see me now as to who I can be


be satisfied with me,
with the youthful exuberance of my love
'cause that exuberance might be the biggest part of me that you might miss



beneath this sheet of youth
is a man who can exceed your expectation



be patient, I am not done with myself yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment